Spring Village at Pocono is committed to the health and safety of our residents, staff, and visitors to our community.
As stressful as this time is, we hope that you take some comfort in the fact that we are taking the best possible care of or residents, your loved ones. Our staff is fully prepared with training and having appropriate supplies on hand. In addition, we can provide the essentials of daily life in a controlled environment, with tightly managed exposure to the outside world.
Among these measures are:
- Monitoring and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health and government agencies.
- We have closed the facility to all visitations (except in cases of extreme urgency, such as end of life).
- Staff are being screened daily upon entry into the building before the start of their shift. Screenings include temperature, questionnaire and visual observation.
- Staff (and any essential visitor) are asked to disinfect their hands upon entry into the building.
- We are using technology to assist our Residents in visiting with families (via Facetime, Skype, etc.) If you would like to arrange for a visit in this way, please contact Spring Village, as we will be happy to coordinate your visit.
- Unfortunately, because of the way COVID-19 can potentially spread and the need to enforce social distancing.
- We can receive care packages for your loved ones and will be happy to deliver to their rooms.
- We are continuing to check frequently with our Residents and do everything we can to help alleviate stress, anxiety and loneliness during this period of isolation from their family and friends, including one on one visitations and individual activities with our activity staff.
- All resident engagement activities will be held in small groups with ample distancing between participants.
- We are cancelling resident trips to non-essential destinations.
- Our Activities team is implementing a special program of in-community entertainment and activity for residents.
- We are postponing all public events within the community until further notice.
- We have discontinued visits from hair stylists for the time being.
- We are reinforcing existing protocols to ensure that we are following our infection control and prevention standards, such as frequent hand washing, frequent cleaning of surfaces, and other recommended hygiene measures.
We are taking nothing for granted given the potential severity of this virus, and ask that everyone in our extended family share that vigilance and adhere to these guidelines. For further information regarding COVID-19 or other health issues, visit the Centers for Disease Control website at www.cdc.gov.